Blues for GreysJune 15, 2010
In case the title didn’t tip you off, it’s another cloudy summer day in the Emerald City – seems more like the Slate City to me. But I’m really quite happy with today’s playlist, which is based around a sorta grungey-bluesey-rocky sound that not a lot of bands can pull off, or even try to for that matter. When they do pull it off, it’s just spectacular though.
The 3DS (along with a huge amount of other stuff I won’t cover here) was unveiled today at E3, and it really looks quite nice. I’m a little offput by the reports that you’ve gotta hold it just right, but everything else sounds damn promising. I may even give up my firm pro-GBA stance, who knows (yes, that’s GBA as in GameBoy Advance – not even SP. The original GBA was easily the best handheld released in the last decade or so – partially because of the games, partially because of the perfectly contoured body, and partially because of how satisfyingly those buttons click). Look to Kotaku for more details.
And a final note – one of the bands featured on today’s playlist ties for the award for most hilariously and strangely inappropriate name – I’m referring, of course, to the Butthole Surfers, with the tying name being the Whore Moans.
- Watching the Detectives by Elvis Costello
- So Right by Dave Matthews Band
- Broken Side of Time by Alberta Cross
- Pepper by The Butthole Surfers
- Paloma by We Are Wolves
- I Know What I Am by Band of Skulls
- Next Girl by The Black Keys
- Back Against the Wall by Cage The Elephant
- Rag and Bone by The White Stripes
- The Switch and the Spur by The Raconteurs